Thursday, February 10, 2011

On a happier note...

I finally finished redecorating the girls room. the pictures aren't the best because I really need a new camera but oh well. This chair I got from an antique yard sale. It's from the 1920's and it's called a nursing chair. Which I thought was perfect since that's what I used it for but it was actually used for the people who were caring for sick people. It could be scooted close to a bed. I loved it because a full sized rocking chair was to big for the room. You can't really tell inmy horribly dark picturebut it was pink and I painted over it with the blue then distressed it so the pink is coming through.


It was a little hard doing a nursery/ big girl room. I let Kaylee decorate her own wall with her art work. Also the blue picture is a magnet board and the flowers are her magnets.




I also put that little cupboard above her bed as a little place to hide her special things.







5 comments:

  1. That room looks awesome! You did such a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute! I love all of this. I especially love the color choices and that little chair is so cute. You're so smart to think of a little cupboard to hide all of her things. My girls would love something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I love the stenciling on the wall (at least that's what it looks like). Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, good job! The room looks so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!!!!! The stencil looks wonderful! I want to come see it in person :)

    ReplyDelete