Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Identity Crisis...

Without the window....



The window but I would move the pictures around.... I don't want it to look too cluttered. What do you think?










For the one of you that may read this I just need to vent for a minute. Not in a frustrated way but in a ahhhhhh kinda way. I've been having an identity crisis. Besides being a mom which is really fulfilling I am feeling like I need a hobby or a purpose. I used to take care of my nephew and was a lisenced foster mom. I guess that was purpose enough because I didn't really feel this way until I stopped doing it. I took classes and went to meetings and felt like I had a cool job that not everyone did. What the heck do I do now? I can't even find a babysitting job. All my friends do such cool things. Photography, have preschools, run marathons, have cool blogs, couponing, awesome decorators,cooking, love gardening (which I definatly didn't get that gene from my family). What should I do? I do love garage saleing and antiques. I kinda thought I might buy ugly outdated furniture from yard sales, paint it and resale it on KSL. The only problem is I end up wanting to keep it all.I don't know? I just need a hobby. Any suggestions? Here is a old window I repainted wanting to sale but now I kinda think I want to keep it. Keep or not to keep that is the question????

7 comments:

  1. I think the idea of buying antiques and refurbishing them is an awesome idea because you are SO good at it! The pics you posted of Kaylee and Tessa's room were so stinkin cute, I just want to steal you to decorate my whole house (when we get one). You have definite talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me!? You're hobby is being the best mom (who throws the cutest parties), super trendy (as well as dressing her baby way cute), and most amazing decorator! I'm seriously so impressed with your house! That window is the cutest ever! I definitely think you have a way good eye when it comes to refinishing stuff. If you're up for it, I would totally go for re-selling stuff. You never know what will happen and you're obviously way good at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing all your decoration pics on your blog- you really do have great talent and such an eye for making things appealing. When we ever settle down, I want to copy some of your ideas. I love your basketball hoop light fixture- so fun and boyish! I say go for antique-ing! You're great at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I diddo the last 3 comments!! You are amazing Donace!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so talented Donace! You definitely should try selling things, you are great at it and it would be something new. I am just always in awe at how cute your house is and how good you are at updating your blog. You also are such an amazingly cute mama to your sweet family. If you ever need to go have a girls night out let me know... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazing!! You need to do a class on how you dress your kids...I would pay money to attend that class ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had an ounce of your fashion sense! You are the cutest mom ever. Shane and I were just talking about how amazing you are to bring all 4 to church every week by yourself. I look up to you in so many ways. Love you!

    ReplyDelete